Sewing classes for all ages and experience levels!
Have you been dreaming of beginning your sewing journey this year? From the absolute basics to overcoming technical hurdles in your sewing practice, these individualized classes cater to all experience levels and meet you where you are. Your creative goals are within reach – let's stitch them together!
*These appointments are in person in my studio in Canton NC at an hourly rate.*
Things we could cover in class:
- Getting to know and feeling comfortable using your machine.
- Basic sewing techniques to more advanced construction.
- Getting comfortable using a variety of fabrics, notions and materials.
- Learning garment construction
- Understanding sewing patterns or drafting your own!
- Finishing a project or creating something from an idea.
- Any ideas, topics, or blocks you may have around your sewing practice.
Karalyn Wysocki is a textile artist, printmaker, patternmaker, and seamstress with over 15 years of experience working in various creative fields ranging from patternmaking and fashion design, commercial printmaking, sewing manufacturing and product development. Since 2018, she has been operating a creative business under the name Needlebone, crafting handmade naturally dyed clothing and textiles, paper goods, and screen-printed art. Her work is driven by a yearning to better understand the cyclical rhythms of the earth we are part of, and taking time for the act of noticing and honoring memory to then be able to look tenderly toward the future. Throughout the years, she has taken several opportunities to teach, and in doing so, found deep joy and community in passing on knowledge and making it accessible to others. These sewing classes are based on the individual goals and dreams of the student, with support and guidance from Karalyn.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to Karalyn at firstname.lastname@example.org